Thursday, July 9, 2009

A View of Port-au-Prince



I spent a little bit of my time in Haiti, in Port-au-Prince. For those who've never been, I'd like you all to have an idea of what it was like. There are some great pictures of Port-au-Prince at this post shared by another blogger:

My experience of Port-au-Prince was that it was a bit of a difficult place to be. There's no hiding the pollution of thousands of automobiles and motorcycles that lack all of the fancy pollution-control tricks that are used in developed countries. A million people living in close quarters without government-funded trash removal service (or any other kind of trash removal service) and living without running water, toilets, moder sewer systems...

Here are some pictures of the suburbs of Port-au-Prince, taken from a Tap-Tap as I was on my way to the airport to leave the country. By the way, if you don't know what a Tap-Tap looks like, check out this Google Images search for "tap tap"!


No comments:

Post a Comment